Monday, October 15, 2007

weary world travelers...


Greetings, all! We really did have a wonderful trip to Great Britain and Ireland. We found we really enjoyed the bus travel, and made friends with our fellow travelers. I cannot say I enjoyed any one part of the trip more than the others. It was all so fun, and interesting, and amazing to be there where I have dreamed of going! We spent the most time in London, since we went over early just to do that. We walked, and looked, and took photos, and it was so great! To answer your questions, yes, I did ride the London Eye, and no, I did not climb up to kiss the Blarney Stone! Grandad did, the latter, though, except for the kissing part. When he saw they did not wipe it after people kissed it, he passed on that! He got a new camera for the trip, and actually outdid our sons with this trip, I think. He took over 500 photos in the 17 or so days we were gone.
The #1 word that comes to mind....green! The whole place is green, except for the houses and flowers! And then, sheep. There were so many...I actually got a little sheep thing instead of a teddy bear!!
We will not put all the pix on this blog. Just a representative few. After all, I think most of you had already been there, at least to London. But at the drop of a hat, I will talk your ears off when you say what did I like best!!
One different thing, though, is that the last night before our flight we went to see the London stage production of Mary Poppins, and it was so fun! That way we were hearing all the songs in our heads all the way home!
We took a ferry from Wales to Ireland, and it carried our bus, too! Then another ferry back to Wales after the Ireland tour. We walked and walked as much as we could. Stonehenge, castles, monuments, really old villages and cities dating back to the times the Romans invaded Britain, ate way too much, thatch roof cottages, and the birthplaces of oodles of people we have studied in history all our lives! Needless to say, I could go on and on....and probably will when I see you. Love you all bunches!



2 comments:

CrazyUncle said...

I'd like to see you feed us a few more photos in days to come. And I don't know that he 'outdid' his sons. Please. 500 in 17 days in only 29.5 per day. I'll need to check my records for how that compares, but for now, I'll only say Pffht.

Aaron, Kara, Walker, Sophie June, and Ford said...

Looks like an awesome trip! So glad you had fun.