Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Old Folks at Home...

And glad to be here!  Dad has gone through his first bout with chemo.  It was not fun, even a little bit!! None of the meds the doctor gave him for nausea worked. After trying 3, he got out his trusty Meclazine and took that! Voila!! It worked. After that he began to feel a little better each day. We are still not "up and around" (so to speak) but improving!!
Let me explain the "we" reference. Sharing everything like old folks do, I developed a healthy (or unhealthy) allergy attack, so I could empathize properly with my patient. Problem is, now he is getting better, and I am still nursing a sinus headache and nasal congestion!!  We've got to get our act together!!!
The local family has been very sweet about leaving us to ourselves (because we weren't up to much company.)  They did come by Sunday afternoon after church, and brought in Kentucky Fried Chicken for the noon meal.  I went to church Sunday morning and taught our class, and they tolerated my teaching and my squeaky voice.  Paul & Kari are attending our class while we teach the book of Revelation, and this week they stayed for the worship service with me.  At the present time, Dad is planning to teach next Sunday. I hope he does. He's a better teacher than I am.  I am happy to be the sub!!
Dad sees the doctor again tomorrow. Don't know what for...they just always seem to want to see him.  Must  be nice!
Sorry I took so long getting back to blogging.  I sort of got stuck on e-mail. So I hope you find this, and even read it!
We love you all so much.  Our next out of town trip will be to Lauri's graduation, but we will have to pass on Disneyland this trip!
We had a nice visit with Rick, Denise and family before all this....in fact, we were there when Mother died. We came home, arranged for the funeral, packed for travel again, and went to Cotton Valley for the graveside service on Saturday.
. We then went to Valwood Park for church, and saw a lot of old friends there. 
I'll sign off now, hoping someone will realize, when I didn't e=mail, that I might actually blog this time.   Love ya! Ma

3 comments:

Keith said...

Thanks for the update. We're praying for y'all. And looking forward to seeing you at Lauri's graduation next month.

Brenda Walker said...

We too look forward to seeing y'all and are praying. My allergies are killing me too, in fact I just stopped at Wal-Mart on the way home from work (3:00 AM) to get some eye drops and allergy medicine! Love y'all.

Zachary

CrazyUncle said...

Wow, how time flies. I did not realize it was time for your semi-annual blogging. Luckily, my page alerts me when someone updates, so I found your post. Even though Preacher Bro beat me to saying it, we are praying for y'all also. However, we will NOT see you next month at Lauri's graduation.